Board Of Directors
Father Angelos Saad
Chairman of the Board
Suzan Awadde Alla Ghattas
Let's make a difference.
Newcomers Services Office has an active national board of directors that is responsible for setting the strategic direction of Newcomers Services Office and oversight of the finances, operations, and policies of the national organization. The national board of directors:
- Ensures that its board members or trustees have the requisite skills and experience to carry out their duties and that all members understand and fulfill their governance duties acting for the benefit of Newcomers Services Office and its public purpose
- Has adopted and follows a conflict of interest policy that ensures that any conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof are avoided or appropriately managed through disclosure, recusal, and other means
- Is responsible for the regular review of the performance of the chief executive officer, seeking appropriate input from throughout the organization and its projects, and ensures that the compensation of the chief executive officer is reasonable and appropriate
- Ensures that the CEO and appropriate staff provide the national board of directors with timely and comprehensive information so that the national board of directors can effectively carry out its duties
- Ensures that Newcomers Services Office conducts all transactions and dealings with integrity and honesty
- Ensures that Newcomers Services Office promotes working relationships with board members, employees, volunteers, and program beneficiaries that are based on mutual respect, fairness and openness
- Ensures that Newcomers Services Office is fair and inclusive in its hiring and promotion policies and practices for all board, employee, and volunteer positions
- Ensures that policies of Newcomers Services Office are in writing, clearly articulated and officially adopted
- Ensures that the resources of Newcomers Services Office are responsibly and prudently managed; and,
- Ensures that Newcomers Services Office has the capacity to carry out its programs effectively.